Hello, My Tomorrow!

Yesterday, my English teacher gave me a question. Just a simple question though, but it was hard for me to answer it properly.

The question was.. "Are you an optimist or a pessimist?".


I didn't really know, at that time, whether I'm an optimist or a pessimist.

In the deepest of my heart, I know that I have a lot of worries about anything, but still I'm also a risk taker. I'm afraid of some things, but still, I usually motivate myself to face anything in front of me no matter what the consequences, as long as I believe in myself.

"Am I an optimist?" But I worry about so many things.
"Am I a pessimist?" But I have a courage to face what lies in front of me with my tiny confidence. (Haha. Yeah, I'm still learning how to develop my confidence.. >_<)

I had no Idea..

I wanted to answer that I'm a challenger because I feel excited about something new or challenging and I just want to focus on my goal, not on the consequences nor the achievements afterward. But "Challenger" was not an option. I had to choose. Pessimist or optimist.

Then, the time's up. I had to answer that question. God!

Finally, I answered, "I'm not really sure whether I'm an optimist or a pessimist. But, maybe I'm a little bit closer to an optimist..."

Yeah.. I bravely, not really that brave actually :P , said that I am closer to an optimist because I thought a challenger was similar to an optimist.

In my opinion, a challenger is a person who know the risk of doing something, but still have a courage to do it because this person believe in himself or herself, and do the best to reach the goal.

And an optimist... I think my previous description about an optimist is wrong.

An optimist is not someone who has no fear about anything at all. It's someone who has a fear or worry about something but still be able to see a possible chance to realize it and also has courage to make it happen.

So yeah.. I think a challenger and an optimist are quite similar.


I hope, I didn't give a wrong answer. :D

Categories:

Leave a Reply